Aromas of Mexico, The Cooking Class
Learn the secrets of Mexican cooking with a hands-on lesson, lead by a local English-speaking chef. Get expert step-by-step instructions to prepare a 4-course meal representing different regions of Mexico. Take home a souvenir from Cancun in the form of new Mexican cooking skills!
Taking cooking classes in Cancun will be one of the best things to do on your vacation. After your hotel pick up you will meet our master chef who will provide a brief introduction to the Mexican cuisine while we take you to the local market. Walk around through the different food sections with their variety of herbs, vegetables, meat and sea food. Our chef will tell you the secrets on how to choose fresh & quality items for our cooking class.
During the tour you will be provided with some refreshments, fresh fruit, pastries and Mexican filtered coffee, which will be offered on an intimate setting at one of the best Mexican restaurants in Cancun, where the lessons will be taken. Spend the next 3 hours discovering the tricks behind great Mexican traditional
cooking and listen about the origins behind each dish and ingredients. Experience the real warmth of
a Mexican kitchen using traditional tools like Molcajete (stone mortar), Comal (flat griddle) and clay pots.
Our 2 different stops:
- Local Market: Mexican ingredients shopping.
- Traditional Mexican Restaurant: Cooking class.
In our Mexican Cooking Class in Cancun you will learn original recipes for:
- Guacamole – Simple, yet difficult to accomplish to perfection, learn how to prepare this avocado and pico de gallo appetizer.
- Handmade tortillas – The secret behind most Mexican dishes, learn why it’s preparation is so important.
- Sopes – Kind of like a taco, but with a ticker base and different toppings.
- Enchiladas – Rolled up tacos drowned in green or red sauce topped with cream, cheese and onion.
- Arroz con leche – Traditional dessert made with rice, milk and sugar.
- Margaritas – Do we need to describe it?
- Roundtrip air-conditioned transportation from any hotel in Cancun.
- Professional english speaking local Chef.
- All ingredients, cooking equipment, aprons, and waiter service.
- Reserved table and exclusive spot in one of the best Mexican restaurants.
- Plates and service for the meal at the end of the class.
- 5 different cooking recipes and 1 drink recipe.
- Tips for the guide are not included. (Optional).
- Extra drinks.
- Roundtrip transportation from Playa del Carmen and Riviera Maya is available for $20 USD (payablewhen picked up).
- Comfortable clothing, shoes and extra cash/credit card for personal expenses, souvenirs or extra drinks/dishes.