Snorkel at Boca Iglesia Cabo Catoche
This off-the beaten-track venture start with small speed boats which will bring you in 40 minutes very close to Cabo Catoche, at the northern tip of the Yucatan Peninsula, where the Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico come together. Our guide will highlight unique plant and animal life found here and outline the rich history of the region and we are looking back in the times of the Conquistadores and Pirates of the Caribe. We can observe vast flocks of beautiful pink flamingos and many other bird species and perhaps some of the other endemic wildlife here as well. We will explore a labyrinth of mangrove channels and low flood areas and bays, all with abundant flora and fauna. We will walk 5 minutes through the jungle when we reach the very first Church of whole Latin America. The buildings are covered with trees; a hill of rocks is holding the Church, giving the appearance of watching the area from its highest point. It also has a small cemetery, hidden by vegetation; the community here lived with traditions and all economic relationships by sea. On our way back we will stop at two very fun snorkeling spots where enchantingly colorful fish mingle with an old shipwreck and coral formations. We continue to a sand bank with endless shallow water and stop to enjoy this admirable spot and make our best vacation pictures.
- Pick up from the Hotel Lobby in air-conditioned van.
- Light breakfast
- Multilingual guide.
- Boat ride through the lagoon to Boca Iglesia
- Jungle walk
- Snorkel gear
- Snack, bottle water, soda and a beer
- Money for personal expenses
- $13USD p/p for conservation fee
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes,
- Bring money for personal expenses
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.