Merida Hotels Guide
Located in the southeast of México, near the shores of the Gulf of Mexico, we find Merida, capital of the Yucatán state and well-known for its Mayan and colonial heritage. This small city, keeps many secrets worth seeing in its picturesque corners and majestic buildings.
That’s why, if you’re planning to visit this unique destination of the Mexican southeast, knowing the best places to stay during your visit is one of the main things to know before you arrive in this destination. In the next Merida Hotels Guide, we’ll show you the best areas to stay in this place, the best hotels and resorts in this region and some of the best options if you’re looking to save money. Join us in the next travel to know the best lodging options in this historical city!
Best areas to stay in Merida & best hotels
Counter to what happens in the paradisiacal destinations, the most recommended area to stay in Merida is its romantic and colonial historic downtown. As, if you decide to host yourself in this zone, you’ll be near the majority of main attractions in this destination. In addition to this, you’ll also find a good number of restaurants, bars and shops, so that you lack anything during your trip. On the other hand, another great advantage of this area in Merida is the wide diversity of lodging that you can find in the zone, including from the best hotels in Merida to options with quite moderate prices.
Also Merida downtown, another excellent option to host you in this destination is Paseo Montejo, the most important boulevard of the city of Merida. This area extends from the neighborhood of Santa Ana, in the center of the city, to the north of the city. In this place, you’ll find emblematic buildings and monuments, also some other commerce such as coffee shops, boutique hotels, museums and bars.
However, if you’re thinking to host yourself in the best hotels of Merida, the next options are excellent choices for those who looks for a relaxing place and excellent services:
- Rosas & Xocolate Boutique Hotel: Located in Paseo Montejo, this exclusive boutique hotel housed in a renovated mansion, is one of the most acclaimed hotels in Merida due to its privacy, relaxing vibes and excellent service such as spa, restaurant or boutique shop on site.
- Hotel Ilunion Merida Palace: Located right on the heart of Merida downtown, Ilunion Merida Palace is a five-star hotel mainly distinguished by its elegant rooms and gentle staff, also this, in this place you’ll find great facilities such as swimming pool, garden area, gym and sauna.
- The Diplomat Boutique Hotel Merida: Right in the heart of Merida downtown, we’ll find this beautiful boutique hotel housed in a renovated colonial hacienda-style mansion. Its gorgeous vintage vibes and stylish decor, in addition to its great list of service and facilities such as outdoor pool, lounge area with bar, and complimentary breakfast each morning, makes this place an excellent romantic and luxury option of lodging in Merida.
Where to stay if you are traveling on a budget?
Due to the wide list of lodging options that exist in Merida, finding a diverse number of options to host yourself if you’re traveling on a budget is not a complicated task. But, it is important to say that when we refer to cheaper accommodation, we are not talking about low-quality places far from everything. On the contrary, as we said before, the wide list of lodging options in this destination makes getting excellent hotels for a more than reasonable price be something common. Among the best options to stay if you’re traveling on a budget, are:
- Hotel La Piazzetta: Counting with a privileged location, just a few minutes walk from the cathedral. La Piazzetta is one of the best options when we talk about price-quality correlation. This hotel has excellent reviews and a beautiful vintage decoration that surely will fascinate you.
- Hotel Santa Ana: Located in Merida downtown, Hotel Santa Ana offers, among its many services, an outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi, as well as enjoys a privileged location, just 200 meters from the famous Paseo de Montejo avenue. This hotel is ideal if you’re looking for an excellent location and great staff attention.
- DECU DOWNTOWN: The Decu Downtown is a new boutique hotel of the Decu Hotels chain. Among its facilities, this hotel has a garden, bar and restaurant. In addition to this, the hotel has a beautiful terrace and is close to several popular attractions of this destination.
Hostels and alternative lodging options
If you’re interested in other lodging alternatives, far from the classic hotel concept, the hostels and apartments are very popular at this destination. As more and more travelers prefer to stay in an apartment when they’re on vacation, many times due to freedom, intimacy and being able to control their own cleanliness. By their side, hostels are very popular too, due to the great locations that have most of them, also the fair prices that you can find on this kind of facility. If you’re planning a travel where you’ll be in full-control of your time, the next options could be perfect for your next adventure on Merida:
- Nómadas Hostel: Located just 5 blocks from the main square of the city. Nómadas offers a great list of services and beautiful facilities, such as its amazing outdoor pool that is one of the favorites of the guests. In addition to this, the hostel has very good prices and breakfast included options.
- Senero Hostel: Between the Lusitania bridge and the Plaza de Santa María, you’ll find Senero Hostel, acclaimed by its low prices and the excellent rooms that you can find in this place.
- Elite Apartments Pablo Picasso: If you’re looking for a creative and central option, these apartments fully equipped and very close to all the tourist attractions to see in Merida are one of your best options. Among the main features that distinguished this place, are its unique decoration, which consists of imitations of works by Picasso in each of their apartments with two bedrooms and a capacity for 2-7 people.
- Suites Roma Apartments: Just 400 meters from Casa de Mitreo and close to many of the most popular attractions in Merida. These apartments have some of the best facilities to enjoy your stay in this place, including a fully equipped kitchen, living room and terrace. Also this, sometimes these apartments post irresistible offers that you can take.