Tours and experiences in the Riviera Maya
Located on the coast of the Caribbean Sea, and to the south of the Mexican Republic, is the popular Riviera Maya. An area that is increasingly visited and known by tourists from all over the world. It is no coincidence, because its wonderful location, the turquoise sea, and all the destinations that make it up make it the best destination to visit.
Full of beautiful landscapes, a vast pre-Hispanic Mayan culture, and hundreds of activities to do, the Riviera Maya surprises everyone who is visiting its territory.
We have described a dream to you, but this place does exist! Learn more about this wonderful tourist site below.
How do you get there?
Being one of the most popular destinations in Mexico, there are more and more ways to get there. Since the Riviera Maya is made up of various destinations, and although none has an airport, the closest is the city of Cancun. Located a very short time from each town.
This airport has national and international departures, making it even easier to purchase a direct ticket to the southeast of Mexico.
What destinations does it cover?
We have already told you a lot about the fact that the Riviera Maya is a group of towns, and now we are going to mention each one, the order is not important, everyone has wonderful things that make them unique: Puerto Morelos, Playa del Carmen, Puerto Aventuras, Akumal, Tulum, Cobá and, finally, the Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve.
If you want to visit a Mayan cenote, visit great pyramids and Mayan ruins, or simply, if you just want to rest on a lounge chair by the sea, you can do so in any of the mentioned destinations. Don’t forget your camera!
Must-sees in the Riviera Maya
If you are looking to rest or adventure, the different places that we mentioned above and that together make up the Riviera Maya, have everything to be able to carry out what you want.
For example, there are several areas that are considered much quieter than others, and where you can fully rest while enjoying the surroundings, they even lend themselves perfectly to be able to do activities in a much more natural environment. like swimming in cenotes, diving through reefs and much more.
In places like Akumal, Puerto Morelos and Cobá, you can find authentic towns, some dedicated almost entirely to fishing. The atmosphere of these towns is calm, with vibrant colors, and lends itself well to carrying out ecotourism, romance, and enjoying great peace.
Some other locations such as Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Puerto Aventuras, offer you a much more fun and party atmosphere. They are usually one of the busiest areas and full of international tourism, but they also have cultural areas that are worth visiting.
5 imperdibles de la Riviera Maya.
- Visit the beautiful archaeological zone of Chichén Itzá. This place, no matter what season you visit it, will always have a lot of magic.
- Get to know the sea from its depths, do diving and snorkeling. Two incredible activities where you can meet marine flora and fauna, we recommend the Mahahual area and Banco Chinchorro.
- Swim in a Mayan cenote. It is an unforgettable experience, since most of these cenotes are old, and they are also known for their medicinal effects, according to the Mayan culture.
- Walk and have fun on Fifth Avenue in Playa del Carmen. The best area of this town to keep you distracted and fun.
- Learn about the legacy of the Mayan culture, which abounds everywhere. Enjoy magical towns such as Mérida, Valladolid and Izamal.
So that you have a trip that is difficult to forget, we have created a list with the topics that yes or yes you should know and we have investigated for you, so that you do not miss anything:
- General tourist guide of the Riviera Maya.
- Where to stay?: Guide to the best hotels or Guide to the best all-inclusive resorts.
- Where to eat? Guide to the best restaurants in the Riviera Maya.
- The unmissable cenotes that you should not miss.
- The best activities in the Riviera Maya.
Now you are ready for your next vacation! See you in the Mexican Caribbean.